The Dangers of EMFs
Dangers of EMFs. When I was first diagnosed with cancer I started to wonder why it seems like cancer has become so widespread. Why is it that nearly everyone over the age of, say, 40, has either had cancer themselves or has a close friend or family member who has had cancer? I just don’t remember this being the case when I was growing up.
While I cannot answer this question, it does seem to me that the increase in toxins and questionable things in our environment over the past 50 years must have something to do with it. We are polluting our water, spraying poisons on our crops, releasing harmful substances into the air and using toxins to clean our homes.
In my quest to create a healthier environment for myself and my loved ones I discovered another potential health risk that had not previously been on my radar: Electromagnetic Fields (EMFs) and radio frequency radiation (RF) electromagnetic energy. Here’s what I have learned.
What are EMFs?
EMFs are invisible Electromagnetic Fields that are produced by electrically-charged objects. Electromagnetic fields are made up of an electric field and a magnetic field that are perpendicular to each other, traveling together in an invisible wave form, and they emit radiation. While many things in the natural world, including your body, produce EMFs, most of these are very low in intensity. It’s the EMFs produced by today’s technological “advances” that are worrying me.
What are some of the most common man-made sources of EMFs?
In today’s world we’re all practically swimming in EMFs from man-made sources. This includes:
- Wireless devices such as cellphones, cordless phones, tablets, smart meters (the new meters that the utility companies are installing at everyone’s homes whether we want them or not), baby monitors, Bluetooth, headsets and WiFi itself. Cell phones and cordless phones use RF radiation to send signals. Smart meters use pulsed radiation.
- Appliances and equipment such as microwave ovens, computers, routers, power lines, cell phone towers, TV and radio transmitters
- Medical imaging such as X-rays
What are the potential dangers of EMFs?
Many researchers believe that EMFs, especially “microwave frequency EMFs,” can affect the nervous system and create a variety of negative symptoms. These include headaches, insomnia, depression, anxiety, fatigue, difficulties concentrating, irritability, dizziness, nausea and more. Others believe that EMFs are also linked to cardiac arrhythmias, autism and Alzheimer’s. Of course, there are others—including the companies that manufacture the products that emit EMFs—who believe that EMFs are harmless. Like many things that I’ve been learning about in the past few years, it is a controversial subject.
What does California say about the possible dangers of EMFs?
The California government continues to encourage the building of wireless networks to support today’s communications. Meanwhile California’s Department of Public Health has published official guidelines on “How to Reduce Exposure to Radiofrequency Energy from Cell Phones.”
This document states…
- Some laboratory experiments and human health studies have suggested the possibility that long-term, high use of cell phones may be linked to certain types of cancer and other health effects, including brain cancer, lower sperm counts, headaches, and effects on learning and memory, hearing, behavior, and sleep.
- When a cell phone sends signals to a cell phone tower, the RF energy goes from the phone’s antenna out in all directions, including into the head and body of the person using the phone.
- Children may be more at risk for harm from exposure to RF energy.
The guidelines are definitely worth reading, especially for the suggestions on ways to reduce your exposure.
What does the CDC say about the possible dangers of EMFs?
The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) tells us that cell phones and cordless phones use RF radiation to send signals, and…
- We don’t know for sure if RF radiation from cell phones can cause health problems years later.
- The International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) has classified RF radiation as a “possible human carcinogen.”
Until all of the research shows that RFs and other EMFs are definitely not dangerous, I, for one, will be taking steps to limit my exposure and my family’s exposure.
Is there a way to “neutralize” the EMFs that my wireless devices put out?
Although “neutralize” may not be the right word to describe what this product does, my family and I have been using something called energydots on all of our devices. These are small self-adhesive “dots” that can be stuck to any non-porous surface.
According to the manufacturer, each energyDOT® is a low-power magnet that acts as a storage device and are activated using proprietary technology. They act like a tuning fork on any EMFs that are near the DOT, “re-tuning” the EMFs that your devices emit to a natural harmonic that your body recognizes as being in harmony with its natural healthy state.
I love the idea of taking those potentially harmful EMFs and “harmonizing” them with your body’s natural state!
Where can I go for more resources about EMFs?
While I have not yet had a chance to read all of these books, I found some very promising-looking titles listed at Amazon.com. These include:
I have found a very convenient way to wear my bio-DOT all the time.. I have it pinned on my bra and I have my energyDOTS on my cell phone. Although I may not see what it is doing, I know it is working and I feel protected from the dangers of EMFs. My husband and children have it on their phones and devices at all times. How about you? What are your concerns about EMFs and RFs? What are you doing to protect yourself from these potential dangers? As always I welcome your input!
I have found my cancer journey to be a positive and profound transformational experience. I’m inspired to share my healing journey here, and trust you’ll find hope, encouragement and purpose as you discover the healing power that lies within you.