Eggplant Stuffed With Quinoa
Eggplant Stuffed With Quinoa Ingredients:
- 1 large eggplant
- 1/4 cup zucchini cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup yellow pepper
- 1/4 cup red pepper
- 3/4 cup quinoa
- 1 1/2 cup water
- Salt to taste
Eggplant Stuffed With Quinoa Preparation:
- Cut the eggplant in half; on both sides, sprinkle salt and let them sit for 30 minutes. Then, rinse and bake at 356 ° F for 40 minutes.
- While the eggplant is baking, rinse the quinoa well 3-4 times (without thorough washing, it will have an unpleasant bitter taste)
- Bring the water to a boil, add the quinoa and boil for 15 minutes. Test the texture, it should be soft and open; turn off the heat.
- Once you have removed the eggplant from the oven, let it rest for a while. When it has cooled to a warm temperature, proceed to remove the meat from the center of both halves and place it to the side.
- In another pot, warm the coconut oil, once warmed, add the garlic and onion; and fry them together with the peppers, the zucchini and the meat that you removed from the eggplant. Once all ingredients are cooked, add the quinoa. Add salt to taste.
- After preparing the stuffing mix, add it back into them in both halves of the eggplant, as shown in the image … and ready! … Enjoy!
- Source of vitamins: B6, E, riboflavin
- Source of minerals: Potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, manganese, zinc
- Good source of Protein
- Helps with weight loss
- Easily digested
- Gluten free
I have found my cancer journey to be a positive and profound transformational experience. I’m inspired to share my healing journey here, and trust you’ll find hope, encouragement and purpose as you discover the healing power that lies within you.