Are You Reactive in Difficult Situations?
Difficult Situations. “Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.” ~Deepak Chopra
How true is this? Guilty!!
All of us encounter experiences in life when we may be temporally overwhelmed by a negative emotion, be it anger, pressure, nervousness, despair, or confusion. In these situations, how we choose to “master the moment” can make the difference between proactive versus reactive, confident versus insecurity, and success versus failure.
I know I have allowed myself to be a prisoner of my past multiple times robbing my future’s positive forthcomings. What can I do to change? Here are some tips that help me change my reactive moments to proactive ones:
* Take a deep breath and count slowly to ten.
* Avoid personalizing other people’s behaviors.
* Change negative thoughts to positive ones.
* Empathize with people’s behaviors but do not excuse unacceptable behavior.
* Buy time when unsure of choices you must make.
* Have a cup of tea
* Focus on constructive activities vs being stuck
* Always ask yourself – What can I learn from this?
I sincerely hope you find these tips helpful in your journey💜🦋