Chickpeas And Swiss Chard Guide
Chickpeas And Swiss Chard Guide Ingredients:
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 4 3/4 cups with water
- A little bit of oregano
- Salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon ground garlic
- 2 cups Swiss chard leaves (in thick strips, separate them from their stalk or trunk)
Chickpeas And Swiss Chard Guide Preparation:
- The night before, rinse the chickpeas 2-3 times. Place it to soak overnight.
- The next day, remove the water. In a pot place it to boil over medium heat, with 2 1/4 cups of water for 10-12 minutes.
- Then remove it from the fire, discard the water and change it to 2 1/2 boiling water. Empty it very carefully. Add salt to taste.
- When it begins to boil, place a little oregano and cook on medium heat for 15-20 minutes. Try them to test the texture and decide if they’re ready. According to the texture you want, you can leave them boiling a little longer or, in any case, remove them from the heat.
- In another pot, sauté the garlic and onion with a pinch of salt. Then, place the chickpeas to boil with the dressing for about 10 more minutes. If you want them juicy, I recommend pouring them with a little bit of the water they boiled in.
- Rinse the chard with fresh water, drain it, and place it in hot water for 1-minute maximum, trying not to let it fall apart. Add it to the pot with the chickpeas and seasoning. Remove immediately from the fire.
Serve and enjoy it!
- Source of minerals such a magnesium, manganese, zinc, phosphorus, iron
- Source of vitamins such as: A, C, K, E, thiamin, riboflavin, B6 (folic acid), folate,
- Protein source
- Helps prevent cancer
- It helps regulate cholesterol
- It helps regulate blood pressure
- Help to lose weight
- High fiber content
- Helps keep the digestive system in good condition and functioning
- Strengthens bones
- Maintains healthy brain functions
I have found my cancer journey to be a positive and profound transformational experience. I’m inspired to share my healing journey here, and trust you’ll find hope, encouragement and purpose as you discover the healing power that lies within you.