December 15, 2017
Morning Protein Boost – QUINOA BOWL
1/2 cup white quinoa
1 1/2 cup almond milk
2 tablespoons honey or yacon syrup (optional)
1 piece vanilla extract
1/2 cup strawberries
1/2 cup blueberries
2-3 cinnamon sticks
Cinnamon powder to taste
Wash quinoa 3-4 times with filtered water. This step is essential to prevent a bitter taste in your quinoa.
Boil quinoa with almond milk for 15-20 minutes over low heat until it thickens. Then, put in the honey and cinnamon sticks. Make sure to keep an eye on your quinoa, as it will expand considerably from absorbing the almond milk.
Once ready, remove from heat, let stand, then serve. Dress it chopped strawberries, blueberries, and apricot seeds. Sprinkle cinnamon to taste, and enjoy!
- Anti-inflammatory properties
- Rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals (such as magnesium)
- Reduces the risk of heart disease: reduces high cholesterol, triglycerides and blood pressure
- Decrease blood glucose level
- Helps reduce the risk of cancer
- Helps to lose weight