Maca-Golden Berries-Almond Butter Cookies
Maca-Golden. The rich and chewy goodness of these superfood-packed cookies will curb your sweet tooth without spiking your blood sugar levels and they’ll nourish you inside out. And all it takes is 30 minutes to bake them.
Maca powder is well-known for its numerous health benefits. It’s a powerful adaptogen and helps you manage stress in a much easier and healthier way. It’s also rich in antioxidants and helps fight free radicals and their oxidative cell damage, boosts your immune system and protects your gut microbiome, supports sexual wellness, and promotes hormonal balance.
Golden berries are the perfect sweet and sour candy bite-sized pieces that help you regulate your blood sugar levels and don’t create a spike. They’re rich in antioxidants and help with weight management, a healthier immune response, and a better mood. Golden berries provide a high amount of beta-carotene and vitamin B3, protecting your eyesight, skin, blood pressure, and so much more.
These two Peruvian superfoods are joined with almond butter which helps lower bad LDL cholesterol and improves the numbers of your HDL cholesterol. With it, almond butter promotes heart health and reduces the risk of heart disease and obesity. It’s a healthier alternative to peanut butter and gives the cookies a smooth, chewy texture.
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup gluten-free flour blend
- 2 Tbsp avocado flour (optional)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 Tbsp maca powder
- ½ cup goldenberries (previously soaked in warm water for 10 minutes)
- 2 eggs (or vegan eggs)
- ½ cup plant-based greek-style yogurt (I used cashew)
- ⅓ cup plant-based milk (I used macadamia milk)
- 2 Tbsp almond butter
- Preheat the oven to 350℉ and line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the almond flour, gluten-free flour blend, avocado flour, baking powder, baking soda, and maca powder until well combined. Add the goldenberries and fold them in.
- In a medium bowl, crack and whisk two eggs. Add yogurt and mix thoroughly until there are no clumps left.
- Add almond butter to the egg and yogurt mixture and mix until no clumps are left.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and start mixing. Pour milk little by little as you’re making your dough. When you reach a sticky consistency, stop adding milk.
- Coat your hands with a touch of gluten-free flour and start shaping little balls with your hands.
- Place the balls onto the baking sheet and gently press them down so they resemble disks. They will NOT expand during baking, but the goldenberries might blow up if they’re on the side of the cookie.
- Bake for 30-35 min or until golden and the toothpick comes out dry.
- Let chill and enjoy!