Cranberry, Yacon & Ginger Cookies
Cookies are the ultimate dessert – they can be a satisfying snack, an after-dinner sweet tooth craving, or even a nutrient-rich breakfast. They just have to contain the right ingredients. Surprise your mom this Mother’s Day and let her indulge in these delicious superfood cookies.
These cranberry, yacon, and ginger cookies are dairy-free, gluten-free, soy-free, and basically sugar-free. They’re also perfectly crunchy and chewy, making you reach for them whenever those cravings hit. You can eat them on the go, crumble them on top of your smoothie bowls instead of granola, or even dip them in your homemade chocolate sauce.
The superfood ingredients in these cookies speak for themselves, bringing on a plethora of incredible health benefits to the table, from lowering inflammation and fighting damaging free radicals to boosting your immune system and aiding in cancer protection.
Yacon syrup makes these cookies naturally sweet, without any added sugars or artificial sweeteners. It’s a low-glycemic sweetener that’s suitable even for diabetics, allowing them to indulge in this sweet treat without fear of their blood glucose spiking up.
Ginger powder is historically known to help boost your immune system, promote healthy digestion, and balance out your blood glucose levels. It adds a really nice kick to these healthy cookies, spicing up your day and increasing your energy levels.
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup macadamia nut meal
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup almond butter
- ½ cup Karen Berrios yacon syrup
- ½ cup sugar-free cranberries
- 1 tbsp Karen Berrios ginger powder
- ½ cup unsweetened macadamia nut milk
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350℉ and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine almond meal, macadamia nut meal, baking soda, ginger powder, and salt and mix until well combined.
- In another bowl, combine almond butter, yacon syrup, macadamia nut milk, and vanilla extract, thoroughly mixing until smooth.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry, using a spatula to mix and turn into dough consistency.
- Once well-combined, fold in the cranberries.
- Roll the cookie dough into tablespoon balls, placing them on the prepared baking sheet about 2-3 inches apart. Gently flatten them with your palm and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
- Be careful so they don’t burn. Each oven is different, so keep an eye out after the 8-minute mark.
- Take out the cookies and leave them on the cooling rack to completely cool off.
- Enjoy them as is or dip them in chocolate, healthy jam, or any other preferred sauce.
I have found my cancer journey to be a positive and profound transformational experience. I’m inspired to share my healing journey here, and trust you’ll find hope, encouragement and purpose as you discover the healing power that lies within you.