When I look at all of the therapies that I do and have done, I realize that when you’re dealing with a cancer diagnosis you’re willing to do things that you might not have been willing to try under other circumstances. I think coffee enemas go into this category!
Many practitioners of alternative therapies believe that coffee enemas are a key detoxification method for supporting cancer healing. The science behind this therapy helps explain why this is the case.
What is a coffee enema?
Just like what the name implies, a coffee enema is a type of enema, meaning a procedure in which a liquid (in this case, coffee) is gently injected into the rectum. Once injected the coffee is held in the colon for about 15 minutes before being expelled back through the rectum (into the toilet).
How do coffee enemas help detoxify the body?
There are two ways in which coffee enemas promote detoxification:
- Increases flow of bile: When inserted into the body through the rectum, coffee travels via the venous system to the liver. Once there it stimulates the liver to produce more bile, which flushes the toxins from the liver. In addition, the caffeine and other compounds that are in the coffee dilate the blood vessels and bile ducts. This in turn increases the flow of bile (and its toxins) out of the liver and into the colon, freeing up the liver’s capacity to process more toxins out of the blood stream.The liver’s main function is to filter blood, including removing the toxins that are in it. During the 15 minutes that the coffee enema is held in your body, your entire blood system will pass through your liver for processing four to five times. With your liver stimulated to both produce and release more bile, this natural detoxification process will be stimulated as well.
- Removes free radicals: A coffee enema also causes your body to increase production of an enzyme called Glutathione S-Transferase (GST) by 600 to 700 percent. GST is an enzyme system in the liver that neutralizes free radicals in the bloodstream. Which is a good thing, because free radicals cause cell damage. The neutralized free radicals dissolve in the bile, which the coffee enema will help flow out of the liver more freely as described above.
Why is liver detoxification so important for cancer patients?
Regardless of what treatment methods you are using to treat your cancer, your body will have to deal with the normal toxicity that happens when cancer cells die off. These dead cancer cells are processed through the blood, liver and colon. If your digestive system is not working properly (often the case for cancer patients), these toxins can accumulate in the liver and digestive track and slow the healing process.
What are the potential benefits of coffee enemas?
Coffee enemas can help:
- Detoxify the liver and colon
- Improve immunity by helping to keep the digestive system healthy
- Improve blood circulation
- Regenerate cells
- Enhance tissue health
- Improve energy levels
In addition, coffee enemas have been shown to help improve mood and relieve pain, nausea, general nervous tension and depression.
How do you do a coffee enema?
Coffee enemas are done using organic ground coffee that is meant for the therapy, and made with purified water. Place 3 tablespoons of this organic ground coffee in a saucepan. Add 3 to 4 cups of boiling, purified water. Simmer for 15 minutes, then strain the coffee through a cheese cloth or fine sieve to remove any coffee grounds. Allow to cool completely before using!
Once the coffee is room temperature you can add it to an enema pot or bag and administer as you would any enema. Try to hold the liquid for about 15 minutes before expelling it. (Enema kit I use)
How does a coffee enema make you feel?
When I first started doing coffee enemas, I was on a three-times-a-week schedule. About six months ago my doctor told me I could cut way back. Now I do this about twice a month, or when I feel like my body is telling me it would be a good idea to do one.
Although the only thing I enjoy about the process itself is the uninterrupted “me time,” I really do enjoy how the therapy makes me feel. After doing a coffee enema I not only feel “clean,” I also feel healthier and more energized. And if I’ve been feeling anxious and overwhelmed, the coffee enema seems to eliminate these negative emotions. Perhaps a build-up of toxicity creates anxiety within us.
Have you ever tried coffee enemas? If so, what results have you seen from this therapy? Please share your experiences in the comments section below, I would really love to read your journey. Talk to you soon !
Don't Miss Another Post!
I’m inspired to share my healing journey here, and trust you’ll find hope, encouragement and purpose as you discover the healing power that lies within you. Sign up to get notifications when I post a new article.