How To Protect Yourself Against 5G?
Protect Yourself Against 5G. There’s a lot of negative discussion around 5G technology and the Electromagnetic Field (EMF) radiation. How does it affect you and the ones around you and can you actually make some actionable steps to protect yourself against its harmful effects? Here’s what I’ve discovered.
But, let’s dive first into the explanation of what 5G technology actually is and how and why it was created in the first place.
5G is the 5th generation mobile network. Naturally, it comes after 1G, 2G, 3G, and 4G which have all been improving throughout the years, leading up to 5G, a network that was supposed to provide more connectivity than ever before.
1G was all about voice and an option to use your cell phone to communicate with anyone on your contact list. 2G brought on the messaging concept, 3G introduced the internet on our cell phones and coined the term smartphones. 4G made high-speed data transfer available to everyone, and now, 5G is set to transform the world.
Its main role is to connect basically everyone and everything under the same network: people, devices, machines, and objects. It’s completely wireless and it’s meant to be the fastest, largest, and the most reliable network up to date. Basically, this means faster downloads, better data quality, lower lag and buffering time, making everyone connect faster and with more efficiency.
Electromagnetic Field (EMF) Radiation
We all know that technology emits radiation and we’ve probably all heard about its alleged harmful effects. Basically all electronic devices we possess, from Wi-Fi and cell phones to the TV, smart appliances, and even the microwave oven emit a stream of invisible energy waves creating the electromagnetic field. These can cause potential dangers to our health, depending on their frequency.
Across the electromagnetic spectrum, the radiation ranges from very low to very high frequency:
- Non-ionizing: low-level radiation which is generally considered harmless to people due to its lack of potency
- Ionizing: high-level radiation which can potentially cause DNA and cellular damage (x-rays, UV rays, gamma rays)
5G falls under non-ionizing radiation, but still, the research surrounding it is a bit confusing and complicated.
Potential Harmful Effects of EMF
In 2011, International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) classified radiofrequency radiation as possibly carcinogenic to humans and linked it to certain specific types of brain tumors. On the other hand, in 2018, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issued a statement saying that the current safety limits pertaining to cell phone radiofrequency radiation exposure are acceptable for protecting public health. On their official website, they state how to this date, there is no scientific proof of any health problems directly caused by the exposure to radiofrequency energy emitted by cell phones.
BUT…5G operates on something called millimeter waves. These are waves with extremely small frequencies and extremely large wavelengths. This is why many objects such as buildings or even trees can get in the way and cause you to lose signal on your cell phone. For this reason, cell towers are planted on much shorter distances, emitting EMF radiation around you at all times.
Because you’re basically enveloped in a cloud of electromagnetic radiation the moment you step out of your house, scientists and researchers around the globe are trying to point out the potential harmful effects.
One of them is Joel Moskowitz, a researcher in the School of Public Health at UC Berkeley. He’s been trying to prove how harmful radiation actually is for over a decade. From quoting studies and showing data to even pointing out the connection between the government’s regulation of cell phones, Wi-Fi, cell towers, and other wireless devices and the lack of research funding on electromagnetic radiation and its effects on the human body.
In 2009, he published a review in the Journal of Clinical Oncology and found that frequent and long-term cellphone use was linked to increased brain cancer incidence and chronic inflammation. That review was updated in 2020 and it was based on a meta-analysis of 46 case-control studies – still, it came out with similar results.
One of the biggest researchers of EMF effects on our health, dr. Olle Johansson has been studying electromagnetic fields for over three decades, with a significant amount of scientific papers behind him. He’s strongly voiced his concerns over the dangers of EMF radiation and showcased its effects on our immune health.
Many people have since followed these scientists and decided to dive deeper into the field, finding out the truth for themselves. They are now well-read writers like Nick Pineault who give you all the available information and leave it up to you to decide what you want to do with it. For example, EMF has been linked to increased headaches and fatigue, and the so-called electrosmog has some connections to autoimmune diseases. Still, it’s all so controversial.
There’s simply not enough conclusive data that clearly showcases harmful radiation caused by our mobile phones and other electronic devices, and until big corporations and organizations such as the FDA actually warn against EMF exposure, we’re left to our own devices.
Tips To Protect Yourself Against 5G Electromagnetic Radiation
There aren’t any specific guidelines we should all follow, but there are definitely things we can do to lower the overall radiation exposure. First and foremost, you can decide to purchase a good quality EMF meter to monitor EMF exposure and assess the impact of intervention, finding out which areas of your home are the most affected. There’s many of them on the market, so you can choose whichever EMF meter fits your budget.
Cell Phone and 5G Tips
- When talking on your phone, use the speakerphone, earphones or the Bluetooth hands-free option to avoid placing your device close to your ear and emitting rf radiation straight into your skin
- When not actively using your phone, put it on airplane mode
- Remove it from your bedroom when sleeping (charge it in the other room)
- Avoid placing it in your pockets to avoid radiation around your reproductive organs
- Overall, minimize cell phone use and long-term exposure (as much as possible)
- Turn off your WiFi router at bedtime
- Keep the WiFi router away from your bedroom
- If your bedroom is next to the living room and the WiFi router is placed on the other side of the wall from your bed, move it to the opposite side of the room
- If possible, install a router with the low-radiation Eco-wifi firmware on it
- It might seem a bit excessive, but it would be preferred to use a hardwired internet connection and wired telephone
Other EMF Tips
- Avoid tech wearables such as smartwatches, wireless headsets, sleep monitors, and fitness type devices which can have a significant impact on human health
- Just like your cell phone, place all tablets on airplane mode when not being used and get them out of your bedroom
- Shut down all smart appliances during bed time or when not in use
- Avoid TVs and laptops in bedroom
- Avoid or minimize wireless baby monitors
- Consider using EMF blankets and bed canopies
- Minimize “dirty electricity” which flows through our wires and has known harmful effects on our health
- Opt out of your electric, water and gas utilities smart meter program
- Consider testing for metal toxins in your system and going through a detox program as your body’s ability to do it alone is almost impossible
Although some of these tips might seem a bit overwhelming, implementing at least a few will already lower your electromagnetic radiation exposure and can only be beneficial to your health. There are definitely no negative effects in implementing all of them, and even going so far as to ask for a cell tower to be removed if it’s directly pointing into your house.
EMF radiation is everywhere we turn, and now with 5G, these little cell tower devices could be emitting radio waves from a literal tree branch or traffic light. Even though it’s hard to protect yourself from these outside hazards, what you do in your own home is already enough and it will impact your overall health and well being.
Mobile phones are glued to our hands and we’re getting so used to smart appliances ruling our life. That’s a fact. So if we can only get ourselves to use them a tiny bit less, we are already limiting the EMF exposure in a massive way and doing at least something to protect our health. This really is great news, as we get to have some sort of control over EMF and consequently, 5G radiation.
In my own healing journey, I decided to open my eyes and ears to everything that might help me, and realized that there’s so much more than just surgery and radiation. From powerful foods and herbs to cleansing myself of toxins and protecting myself from EMF, I’ve done it all. That’s why I want to share the work of Dr. Olle Johannson and Dr. Magda Havas who teach about the harmful effects of EMF and protocols we can all do to protect ourselves and our health. This way, you too can learn about electromagnetic fields and radiation, and do what you think is the most beneficial for you and your healing journey.